Joe RosePresident of JBS Solutions
David DorfHead of Global Retail Industry Solutions, Amazon Web Services
Tom HalpinVice President of Product & Technology, Wine Access
A Perfect Pairing: SMB retailer Wine Access scales 400%, reduces costs by 50%, with ML personalization on AWS
While wine often gets better with age, the same can’t be said of technology. Direct-to-consumer retailer and SMB Wine Access found itself tied to the past by an antiquated technology stack that hampered its ability to develop and innovate. Working with AWS Retail Competency Partner JBS Solutions, Wine Access transformed from an outdated email-driven business reliant on costly on-premises servers, to an agile ecommerce company delivering dynamic website content and product recommendations powered by machine learning (ML) on AWS.
Learn how Wine Access modernized its business using AWS Lambda serverless architecture while creating meaningful customer interactions with ML-powered Amazon Personalize. We’ll share insights into how the solution supports the company’s pursuit of new business ideas and innovations, improves the customer experience, saves hundreds of in-house work hours, and launches new revenue streams—all while delivering real bottom-line benefits:
- 400 percent increase in website traffic met through automatic scaling
- 53 percent increase in post-purchase sales
- 50 percent reduction in database costs
- significant decrease in compute costs
Join us for a conversation on the lessons learned in building a business analytics platform that uncorks operational transformation and cultivates customer delight.
What you will learn:
- What tools and techniques retailers are using to scale and grow
- How retailers are overcoming common challenges when innovating
- Ways retailers are leveraging ML to personalize experiences and drive revenue